Wednesday 21 September 2011

VFX Proporsal


For my VFX final project, I have an idea of doing a crashed plane landing in destroyed city. In which the plane lands in between the streets of the city

MY REFERENCES 

I want my shot to set up in the same angle as shown in the Pic 


The plane comes from the left side of the camera, in between the two buildings that are at the left side of the camera and lands in front of the camera.

I am very much inspired from the movie 2012 and i have a plan to do a destroyed city. On top of it Roland Emmerich is one of my favorite  Director. The plane that i am looking forward,looks similar to one of the plane in that movie.








I have a Video Reference how the plane lands in front of the camera. In this particular video the plane comes towards the camera and flies off but, in my shot it lands. the video is from the movie 2012.



Instead of making the Camera stable, the camera tilt from top(almost from the height of 8 floors building) to bottom( to ground). I have a reference video how my camera movement looks like. I was inspired from 300 movie. Instead of person in that shot,my shot will have a street pole advertisement.



Kind of mood that i am looking for

 All my background will be Matte paintings and Foreground will be the original footage.

Here is my Storyboard.





I  have done a rough Animatics  of my Shot.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Rajesh,

    I would suggest you have the plane either come from behind camera and crash down the straight away from camera or have it come towards camera in a straight fashion. It appears odd to have the plane turn in such a tight radius and crash like that specially an airliner, they can't turn that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Leo,

    thanks for the suggestion,i would prefer to have plane come from behind the camera and crash down straight away from camera.......and i would like to keep everything same ..angle and camera movement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rajesh,

    I like the idea of the plane flying from behind the camera foward. Please update your animatic, and spend more time getting the timing looking right - this way you will know how to shoot your plate and when and how fast to rotate the camera down.

    Make sure to use a tripod for this and shoot it several times.


    Please move forward and make a much more refined list - with every single item you need to do for the piece with how long you think it will take. Send this to all the profs and I and post on your blog and we'll talk about how realistic it is.

    For example:
    Airplane model: 10 days
    Airplane UV: 1 day
    Airplane Texture: 4 days
    Airplane shader 0.5 days
    (this is the kind of detail we want to see)

    ReplyDelete